Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Transformers : The Ultimate Translators


I just saw Transformers. It was quite entertaining, yet expectedly juvenile. I'd recommend it for those who want a summer-roller-coaster-ride type of flick. Overall, I give it 4/5 passports: it's probably worth the trip for sheer entertainment value.


But this post isn't just a review.

If you think about it, the Transformers are kind of like the ultimate Translators - changing from one physical form into another. They even inspire change among moviegoers.

For example, this evening we saw some kids dressed up in cardboard costumes. Great fun, and I'm glad they had the creativity and energy to drop their video games and actually MAKE something. I'm not complaining. I just think their "translation" of Optimus Prime was a bit off - one older looking kid in particular.

Here's how Optimus Prime appears in the movie:


And here's about how Optimus Prime appeared this evening:



I think his "translation" was a bit off. I just don't get it. What is he trying to say?

Can you help him translate?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

only thing he could find that would cover up his prison clothes??

lisa q. said...

yikes! 'nuff said! :D

Wayfarer said...

%This would be the new Transformer character.. "Optimus not quite in his Prime"

Translator said...

Great points!

Tom - yep, he may have just escaped.

Lisa - I agree. Yikes.

Rick - Yep. Not in his prime AT ALL!

Thanks, guys!

Beenzzz said...

The second Optimus Prime is after rehab? Are those tissue boxes on his shoulders? Wow, that's hot....

Anonymous said...

Hey,

I would say he forgot that the new Optimus had a make-over. He fashioned himself EXACTLY like the original Optimus less the belly. :)