Monday, July 23, 2007

Postcards from the Edge : Gerri in Pendleton, SC

(Click for larger view)

For the next edition of Postcards from the Edge...of the World, we travel to Pendleton, South Carolina, the home of Gerri from Absolutely True. Gerri's postcard reads:


(Click for larger views)

Very interesting that you think the accents are wacky! I'm sure they think you have an interesting accent, too. And that's too bad about the local police. I'll bet there's an interesting story to go along with your description of "worthless", eh?

Absolutely True is one of my regular reads, where you can find information about the most astonishing items in this wacky world of ours. For example, where else would you find an image of the monorail cat, a fascinating open letter to the Burger King girl, and generally bizarre news such as the story of a teen texter that got four years for a fatal car crash?

And the best part? It's all Absolutely True!

As a translator, I totally appreciate not having to separate the fact from the crap. It may be wacky, but I can assure you that it's all true.

That's why I totally get Absolutely True. No further translation is necessary.

And if YOU are interested in sending me a postcard and having your website "Translated", it's simple! All you have to do is send me a postcard, and when I put it up on Rosetta Rants, just write a post linking to my post, so all your friends can see your card! That way, more people will learn about my idea, too! Please CLICK HERE to learn more.

And be sure to check out my new Postcards from the Edge Buttons! They're loads of fun!

Finally, CLICK HERE to read my previous postcards.

I can't wait to hear from you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! WHat a cool postcard! Great penmanship too...

LOL.. just kidding. It's me. I write like a kindergartner. Thank goodness for email and internet so people can sometimes understand me!

Translator said...

Thanks again for sending the card!

Anonymous said...

Hey Translator.. more news of the worthless local police on my site today. Too bad I don't live in "Virgina". LOL... how embarrassing. Ah, what's life if we can't humiliate ourselves from time to time. I seem to make a habit of it.

Translator said...

Heh, heh! No problem, Gerri! Didn't humiliate yourself, though - just a bit of fun for your readers! ;)