Tuesday, June 5, 2007

The Toilet Bowl

Let us now head to Taipei, Taiwan, where we can grab a meal at a local favorite: The Toilet Bowl. That's right, a potty-themed restaurant where you can "rest" while eating. The first thing that came to mind was: WHY?

I guess these children seem to be enjoying themselves. But I can't think of any reason, other than sheer gimmick, why I would want to eat in a restaurant filled with old crappers.


Wait. There was this Chinese place downtown in which I did get some pretty freakin' bad food poisoning. I guess that place could've used seats made out of toilets. Then I wouldn't have had to leave the table when I shat acid violently out of my burning ass and vomited for 36 hours until my lungs came out of my mouth with bits and pieces of my ruptured bowels.

That wasn't fun.

But I still don't really understand why you would want to eat at The Toilet Bowl in Taiwan. I guess people have their reasons.

I just don't get it. Can you help me translate?

From Odd Culture.

11 comments:

paisley said...

i must say,,, it would be the perfect place to "dump" some one tho wouldn't it????????

Beenzzz said...

They need those in India too. Talk about food going right through you!

Translator said...

Paisley - yep! That's the perfect spot for a "dump"!

Beenzzz - In one hole and out the other! Ha, ha!

Anonymous said...

Yuck! I'd be thin as a rail 'cause I'd lose my appetite and not feel like eating at all. This reminds me of a story I saw on TV where the restaurant is completely in the dark and no one can see what they're eating, etc. I was wondering why anyone would do that if they didn't have to.

Translator said...

Yep, deb. That sounds like a crazy place. I don't know if I could eat in complete darkness. Weird! Thanks for stopping by! Come back soon!

Dawn Drover said...

ugghhhh...I'm so hung up on odors that i would be imagining the smell and never get to the eating part...

Nessa said...

Hi! I posted the same thing last month in my blog! I guess it's something unique, can't be anywhere else but Taiwan, China & Japan!

Translator said...

insanity: yep that's probably a big problem. Odors. Didn't think about that one ;)

Nessa: Wow - I guess I'm not the only one who thought this was very weird!

Thanks for visiting!

Come back soon!

Unknown said...

I spent some time in China. Actually, these toilets look pretty good.

Unknown said...

I personally feel disgusted if I have to sit on a toilet bowl and (eat?).

Yuck.

That's the only world suitable to describe it. Even if it's a brand new toilet bowl and sprayed with perfume, I would still not eat in a toilet!

Just imagine, eating in a toilet?

Urghh!!

YUck, yuck, yuck. Can never eat. Will only vomit, and maybe leaving my own excrement there. lol...

Translator said...

Digital Nomad - yikes. I'd hate to see the ones that you saw. Ugh.

Miss Cutie - yep. pretty gross concept. I dont' think anyone has said it sounds like a good idea.

Thanks for visiting!