Thursday, August 2, 2007

Postcards from the Edge : Adria in Westfield, MA

(Click for larger view)

For our next edition of Postcards from the Edge...of the World, we travel to the beautiful Stanley Park, in the middle of Westfield, Massachusetts. My good friend Adria from In Cinq has sent me a postcard that reads:

(Click for larger views)

Thanks, Adria! It looks like a beautiful park! I pulled a few photos from the Stanley Park website:

It really seems like a great place in summer or winter - despite the wacky geese!

Adria's In Cinq is one of the most creative blogs I've ever seen. Adria's site is a wonderful collection of visitor-submitted cinqpics, or self portraits with accompanying cinquains (9-word poems).

If you'd like to submit your own cinqpic to In Cinq for all the world to see, just follow these simple steps along with sending your self portrait:

Contributor Guidelines

You've snapped the self portraits. Now snap yourself a self poem. Reveal yourself in a 9-word cinquain.
1st line: one word that represents you
2nd line: two words that describe you
3rd line: three words that show you
4th line: two words that express you
5th line: the essence of you, in one word
Also share your: Gender, age, location. Examples: "guy, 28, third floor corner cubicle"; "girl, 19, Boston."


Here's mine:

Guy, 30, in the foliage.

watching
listening artistically
passenger retroactively arrived
exorbitant dissection
experiment


And, yes - I was making a weird face. I don't always look like that. And there are plenty more cinqpics where that came from. Every day you can check out new cinqpics from around the globe.

I totally understand In Cinq. It's a great way to translate the lives of people from around the world into something a little closer to home. No further translation necessary.

And if YOU are interested in sending me a postcard and having your website "Translated", it's simple! All you have to do is send me a postcard, and when I put it up on Rosetta Rants, just write a post linking to my post, so all your friends can see your card! That way, more people will learn about my idea, too! Please CLICK HERE to learn more.

And be sure to check out my new Postcards from the Edge Buttons! They're loads of fun!

CLICK HERE to read my previous postcards.

I can't wait to hear from you!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your photo! hehehe

Translator said...

Thanks, crabbie! I was in a strange mood.

incinq.blogspot.com said...

I love your photo, too. It's such a great addition to the cinq drawer.

I really enjoyed participating in your fantastic community project. You know I'm a fan. :)

incinq.blogspot.com said...

Oops! Just noticed that I wrote the wrong zip. Glad it got to you anyway!

Translator said...

No problem, Adria! Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

Ah .. Now I know where she is.. ;-)

Great postcard!

Anonymous said...

Great postcard! I wondered where in the world Adria was from :) Your picture inspired me to send in my own in cinq