Thursday, August 9, 2007

The Dialectizer

Ever wonder what your website would look like translated into a Jive dialect?

Well, wonder no more!

Now you, can translate your page into Redneck, Jive, Cockney, Elmer Fudd, Swedish Chef, and Pig Latin dialects at the click of a button!

My good friend Tom over at Tom's Hideaway pointed me in the direction of the Dialectizer, by Rinkworks.Com.

Wanna hear that in Jive?

Mah' baaaad homey Tom upside at Tom's Hideaway pointed me in de direcshun uh de Dialectizer, by Rinkwo'ks.Com. WORD!

How about Swedish Chef?

My guud freeend Tum oofer et Tum's Heedeevey pueented me-a in zee durecshun ooff zee Deeelectizer, by Reenkvurks. Um gesh dee bork, bork!

You see! No more awkward silence when trying to communicate with cockney bartenders or redneck convenience store clerks.

And if you want to incorporate the Dialectizer into your own website, check out the widget I've created in my sidebar to the right.

Want one?

Feel free to grab the code, but please include the Rosetta Rants banner at the bottom so people will know the location of me, your loyal and hardworking Translator.

How to do it:

In your browser, view this page's page source.

Use the Find function in your browser to locate the line of code that contains:

"Dialectize this page" (It will be the second occurrence)

Select that line of code all the way through the line of code that contains:

"Dialects by Rinkworks.Com"

Copy all that code and paste it into an editor.

Replace each "rosettarants.blogspot.com" with your own URL (without http://).

Paste the final version into your own webpage! You may have to play with the borders and such to get it to look right. If that doesn't work, email me and I'll send you a text version of the code. Don't worry - I don't mind. A Translator's work is never done!


Enjoy!
Blimey!
Enjoyyay!
Fry mah hide!
Right on!
Waskowy wabbit!

9 comments:

Gorilla Bananas said...

A splendid innovation, marred only by the lack of a translator for the gorilla tongue.

Beenzzz said...

You do realize that I'm going to be addicted to this!!! :)

Jenny said...

Oh man...I just came on to do some quick work and look what I find...sheesh, thanks! Now I'm going to be up way later than I planned just so I can Elmer Fuddize my blog...sigh...you are too funny!! lol!

Translator said...

Gorilla Bananas - I'm working on the gorilla tongue version!

Beenzzz - Sorry, but it's a good addiction!

Diesel - Thanks! That's an awesome dialect, isn't it? That's great that you've tried it on your site!

Jenny - oops! Sorry I made you stay up later than expected. The Swedish Chef is my favorite, too! Thanks for stopping by and come back soon!

Anonymous said...

Danks fow the wink Twanswatow, I wove the widget you have hewe at Wosetta Wants. Oh, dat scwewy wabbit! I'm vewy happy you had fun wif it...wooks wike youw weadews awe too!! I can't wait tiww they come out wif some mowe diawects!

Anonymous said...

Oh my, what a splendid find!

Although, having put my beautiful words into the Dialectizer, I was horrified to see them mangled by that awful Cockney tongue.

It made me feel quite faint, I can tell you.

Translator said...

Tom Fudd - Yep. More dialects would be great!

My Lord - I'm sorry you had to experience the talk of the "lower" class. I promise it won't happen again, govnah. OOPS! Sorry!

Anonymous said...

From my page: I’ve been a nuwse, guidance counsewow, wewuctant discipwinawian, Eastew Bunny, Santa Cwause, and the toof faiwy. Oh, dat scwewy wabbit!

LOL! That is awfwy funny!

Translator said...

That's great, deb! I'm glad you like it! "Santa Cwause"...Heh, heh!